The 14 superfoods you shoud be including in your diet.
by Steven Pratt, MD from an interview by Web MD
1. Beans: A great low-fat, low-calorie source of protein and an easy way to help control your
weight and your blood sugar.
2. Blueberries: The best food on the planet to preserve a young brain as we mature.
3. Broccoli: The best food on the planet to prevent cancer.
4. Oats: A sure-fire way to lower your cholesterol.
5. Oranges: The most readily available source of vitamin C, which in turn lowers the rate of
most causes of death in this country, for example, heart disease and cancer.
6. Pumpkin: Loaded with phytonutrients, which keep our skin young and help prevent
damage from sunlight.
7. Wild salmon: A guaranteed way to lower your risk for cardiac-related death.
8. Soy: The only complete vegetarian source of protein.
9. Spinach: The best food on the planet to prevent cataracts and age-related macular
degeneration, thus ensuring a lifetime of good vision.
10.Tea -- green or black: The easiest and cheapest no-calorie way to avoid heart disease and
11. Tomatoes: One of the easiest ways for men to avoid prostate cancer is the consumption of
tomatoes and tomato-based products.
12. Skinless turkey breast: The leanest meat source of protein on the planet.
13. Walnuts: Consuming walnuts is an easy, tasty way to lower your risk of cardiovascular
14. Yogurt: A tasty, easy way to boost your immune system.